Tuesday 23 June 2009

The Art of Deep Goreng

Aiyo, how come not crispy??? - One of those million dollar questions.

Have you ever encountered those moments where you wish whatever that you were about to deep fry will end up crispy? For me, all the time! But can never get it right :E. Then the feeling of defeat will eat me up slowly everytime I touch that dish until the very last piece. All this while, I have tried this la, that la...semua tak boleh.



Deep fried chicken #1


Deep fried chicken #2

Then, on a fine evening, BAM! Crispy Chicken! Nah...it won't last, I was sure it will turn soggy in a bit. More than 30 minutes later......still CRISPY!!!

How did that happen? :) Well, it's actually this dude, Peter Pang - I think he is a chef from Singapore. I saw his video on youtube. He was making this dish that involves deep frying. I just followed his way of mixing the flour with the meat; it works! No need for super complicated batter (unless for fish and chips :D). Just a simple mixture of flour and the right way to apply it.



Deep fried chicken #3

To finish up, fry some garlic, curry leaves, chilli padi and cereal - I got one of those pre packed cereal with seasoning, short cut :D. No complain this round. Chicken was crispy all the way. Hope I can get this right again...hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment